Crafty Crusaders ~ Canson Art Book, Schmincke & Mepxy
Hello there, glad you could join me today, I hope you enjoy this little tutorial on how I have created this art journal page using the
Canson Art Book 180 & Schmincke – Acrylic inks & Aquarell & Mepxy Brush Markers.
Can I just say, my fave latest products to use! These are so yummy to work with!!! So many ideas are flowing right now!
1. To start draw a light pencil outline of the face you want to use.
2. Then use the Schmincke Aquarell Maskierstift to go over your pencil outlines. Let dry before adding your colours.
I Love how the masking fluid comes in the easy to use applicator!
3. Use different stamps to stamp and a permanent black ink around the hair overlapping them as you go.
4. Drip the Schmincke Acrylic Ink over the hair area, I have used a little of the Primary Blue Cyan and mostly Primary Magenta & Yellow.
5. Spritz the ink with water so that it blends and runs, then I have used a baby wipe or paper towel to dab off the excess and to dab more colour on around the edges. If too much ink went onto her face I used a baby wipe to wipe it off.
*** Note*** I would add the blue first next time and let that dry before adding the magenta and yellow. I think this would give it an even more vibrant colour variations.
6. Once the ink is dry you can rub off the Aquarell Masking Fluid.
The easiest way I found for removing it was by rubbing over it with a paper towel. It came off easily.
7. Now you can colour in your face with the Mepxy Markers. I am still learning how to use these, but I am quickly falling in love with them.
I finished off some of the finer details with a pencil. So happy with how she turned out!!!
Canson ~ Art Book 180 A4 96gsm
Schmincke ~ Finest Acrylic Ink -Primary Magenta, Yellow & Blue Cyan| Aquarell 731 Maskierstift Masking Fluid |
Mepxy ~ Brush Markers – N25, N03, N25, N01, W13, W04, R00, R02, N51, 00, G02, B12, C02,120
Stamps | Black Ink – Archival Brilliance Graphite Black